Cameras And Surveillance
There are many options for home surveillance. Internet cameras are a great way to view your home when you are away and want to check up on it. Door cameras are a great way to check to see who is at the door from your television or iPad. Wireless cameras make it very easy to install a surveillance system in your home, even if your home was not originally wired for it. Desert Valley Audio Video can recommend and design a system that is right for you.
The Need For Surveillance
The increase in crime rates makes it necessary that each one of us take precautions of our own to keep our home and families safe. The easy and affordable access to technology has brought cameras and surveillance systems within reach for everyone. First and foremost, you have to figure out how much you want to spend on security. Secondly, you need to prioritize the areas of your house and yard that will need to be watched with cameras. Night surveillance will require infrared cameras and those which will have to be placed outside will need to withstand all kinds of weather. ‘Lux’ ratings of night vision cameras can help you gauge the efficiency of one in low light conditions.
ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED?
Let us help you design your dream home today and schedule your free consultation today.
Different cameras will have varying degrees of coverage and you will have to install cameras depending upon the area you need covered. Doing some research on cameras and surveillance systems before purchasing will help you make an informed decision. Motion sensors can also be made part of your security systems and they will be most effective when installed at the various possible entry points on your property. Cameras and surveillance systems can be wired or wireless. However, if it is wireless there is a good chance that you will need to replace the batteries often and this may not be a feasible option.
Camera Pros & Cons
You will need to see where the video from your surveillance system will be transmitted. Usually, most systems are set to send the video to a computer that you specify. If you want a recorded copy then it will need to be set to do so. Cameras and surveillance systems are available in a host of models and come at numerous rates. The better the lens on a security camera, the more effective it is. Quality of the lens takes precedence over the number of megapixels. More often than not, cameras with higher megapixels end up consuming more space on disks or hard drives rather than drastically improving the quality of the picture.
Seeking Advice From A Surveillance Expert
If you are not sure about what kind of cameras and surveillance systems are best suited for you, then you can hire a security expert to do this for you. He or she will also be able to tell you if you should get the system connected to a security agency or the police station. This is done so that when the alarm is triggered, personnel from the security agency or police officers can check out your property.
Digital Video Surveillance
Video surveillance is extremely easy to integrate into your alarm system and offers an incredible amount of benefits, including:
- Accessibility – Digital video surveillance can give you the ability to quickly and easily view and access events in multiple areas of your house. You can even customize what types of events trigger the recording so that you don’t have to scan several hours of video when there isn’t any movement.
- Enhanced Capabilities – DVRs allow you to store more information using less space. Plus, events captured with DVRs can easily be downloaded, and recorded to a CD if needed.
- Improved Picture Quality – DVRs deliver sharper images, with no loss of quality over time.
- Loss Prevention – With digital video surveillance, you can have greater control over loss in your home. It may also help lower liability and insurance cost.
- Reliability – Digital Video Recorders (DVRs) mean no more broken or worn-out tapes, and no more costly maintenance.
- Remote Access – Many DVR units can help you oversee your business or house from anywhere you have remote connectivity.
- Savings – Installation of a security system can drastically reduce your insurance bill.