Many of us are spending more time at home due to the outbreak of COVID-19. On average Americans went from spending 10% of time at home to 90% of time at home. One unseen consequence? Realizing your home just isn’t up to the task of handling your technology needs.
Between work, school and leisure needs that include video chats, live stream classes, conference calls plus add video games, YouTube and emails to the list and you’re bound to have one clogged up WiFi network. It’s okay, we’re here to help. Here are the best ways to make sure that your home technology won’t hold you back while trying to keep your life on track.
Here are five areas home technology can improve your life during/post COVID:
- Network and WiFi: The absolute most important part of a smart home is the network and WiFi system, it is the backbone of your smart home technology. Slow or spotty coverage isn’t good enough. This has to do with wiring, placement, hardware, coverage area and other variables that are unique to your house. The team at Audio Concepts will find out your needs then walk through your home and scan for possible interference before configuring a custom solution. With your entire family sharing bandwidth you need to ensure your network and WiFi system is fast and reliable
- Home Automation: Exactly what it sounds like: automating the ability to control items around the house—from window shades to lighting —with a simple voice command, push of a button or pre-set schedule. Activities, like opening the blinds, turning on the lights or setting the security system could be scheduled to take place at the same time each day. This aids with routine for work, school schedule, meal times and safety. The team at Audio Concepts is proudly accredited as a Control4 Authorized PLATINUM Dealer, in addition we specialize in the latest technologies from Nest, Alexa, Savant and many more smart home technologies. We can set-up all your systems to seamlessly work together from your phone or control center.
- Music and TV/Video: Each room in your house is working harder than before to provide the sound and video needs required. Since the pandemic started, on average Americans have added at least three electronic devices to their home – whether it’s a television, tablet, computer, speakers, or phone. With everyone working and schooling at home rooms that possibly weren’t used often have now been reimagined into new usable space. This is a fun project for us to solve! At Audio Concepts, we specialize in TV and digital monitor installation of the simplest to most complex. We can help mount screens over your fireplace, conceal wires, or even setup a full sports friendly video wall. We set up easy to use universal remotes to make your system easy to use.
- Lighting: Complaining about “being locked up inside” during the Covid-19 pandemic and resulting restrictions on free movement is the talk of the hour as the whole world is weathering the outbreak by staying in. This has resulted in Americans spending less than 8% of their time outdoors. So let’s talk about the importance of the circadian rhythm – the natural, internal process that regulates the sleep-wake cycle and repeats roughly every 24 hours. The team at Audio Concepts can install custom lighting that adjusts the lights in your home to work with the sun and mirror the circadian rhythm. This results in a healthier mood, regulate hunger patterns, increase brain wave activity, aid healthy hormone production, stimulate cell regeneration, and other important biological processes
- Outdoor Entertainment: For those who have access to an outdoor living space, this has become a valuable extension to our homes and there’s now a wide range of technology solutions built to withstand the elements without compromising performance. Bring your friends and family outside for a social distancing movie night or social gathering. Audio Concepts can add music, video, and a lighting control system to make the perfect outdoor entertaining space or create a great spot for a much needed personal respite from the everyday. Enjoy superior sound from speakers that blend into your beautiful landscape and watch your favorite sports team or movie on a flat screen TV that not only weathers the storm and the sun, but minimizes glare for quality viewing even on a bright day. When the sun goes down, set your outdoor lights to create ambiance either automatically or with a single press of a button of your outdoor entertainment control system.